With the release of Market Analyst 5.5 the process of importing 3rd party EOD data has been simplified.
The following data formats are compatible with Market Analyst 5:
• Market Analyst II
To import the data for use in Market Analyst 5:
1. Click on the Files menu and select Import Data Files.
2. The Import Data Files window will display. Select the Folder or Drive you wish to scan for data. (C drive is selected by default).
3. Select the type of data files you are searching for (End of Day or Intraday).
4. Select the format of the data files you are searching for (MA2, Metastock, CSI or CSV).
5. Click Next to continue.
6. In the window displayed, enter a name for the new data exchange to display as in the Data File Selector window, and a short name.
7. Click the Import button to continue.
8. Market Analyst will scan the selected folder / drive for all available data files. Once the data scan has completed the following window will display:
9. Click the Finish button to complete the data scan process.
The next time you open the data file selector the new exchange will be ready to use.